Kitenge forms an important part of the East African culture. It has a long history of that gives east African region identity. This fabric has attractive complex to controversial celebrities from far and beyond. Along the big number of celebrities is Kenyan first lady Margret Kenyatta has been seen in different scenes and event wearing the fabric. The fashion style gives her a unique, classy, decent and consistence look. Here are occasions that she appeared dressed in kitenge.
- During Uganda visit when she accompanied her hubby President Uhuru. The main aim of the visit was bilateral talk between the Uganda’s Yoweri Museveni and Uhuru important development between the two countries. The First Lady dressed in a green ensemble a head scarf and a matching dera.
- At recent Pupils Reward Scheme (PURES) mentoring program that aims at mentoring students in clever pupils from all over the country, Maggie was dressed for the event. Her dress had a lovely pattern. The minimal accessories a band and necklace complimented the look.
- During the past prayer breakfast meeting. She was dressed in a nice two piece ensemble and a color-matching pendant. Her nails were nicely done and it was a perfect outfit to blend her Kitenge fabric and the occasion.
- She toned down her traditional regalia in Bomet County while commissioning the 31st mobile clinic in the country. The gown she was wearing and the headband fits her very well. The gown patterns are consistent with the overall color of the dress.
- During a tour in New York with President Uhuru Kenyatta, at the reception hosted in honor of heads of state and Government attending the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in New York.
- During the fifth Tokyo international conference on Africa development that was held in Tokyo in 2015 .Mrs. Kenyatta represented Africa fully including the dressing she was dressed in Kitenge.
- When she addressed Kenyan in diaspora on the status of women during a reception hosted by the Ministry of Devolution and Planning and the Kenyan Mission to the United Nations in New York at the UN headquarters during the 59th session of the Commission. Margaret was in a long Kitenge dress with a head scarf, the dress made her short and the headscarf made her even shorter.
- She rocked the red carpet in kitenge during her son fashion event when she pulled out of catwalk.